Icons - Monica Ahanonu, Micaela Heekin
Icons features colorful portraits of 50 of the most admired women in the fields of music, politics, human rights, and film.
This diverse and inclusive collection features the world’s most inspiring women, including Michelle Obama, Beyonce, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Yayoi Kusama and so many more.
From singers to writers, activists to artists, politicians to filmmakers, Icons is a celebration of the strength of women. Illustrated by Monica Ahanonu, each portrait is accompanied by a short biography about what makes each woman a force to be reckoned with.
- The ultimate gift for women to women: mom-to-daughter, daughter-to-mom, friend-to-friend
- Keep it out on the coffee table to read about the lives and accomplishments of each woman, or simply enjoy the enigmatic portraits.
Ahanonu’s illustrated portraits are both easily recognizable and also an artistic take on each featured woman’s likeness and identity.
- A smart and empowering collection of female role models
- A great gift for Mother’s Day, birthdays, graduations, and Women’s History Month
- Perfect for those who loved In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney and Bygone Badass Broads: 52 Forgotten Women Who Changed the World by Mackenzi Lee
Publication Date: 25 February 2020
Height: 20.3 cm
Width: 21.6 cm
Illustrations: Hardcover with raised chipboard cover, 50 full-colour illustrations
Monica Ahanonu is a Los Angeles-based illustrator who has done work for the New York Times, Nylon magazine, InStyle, Tinder, Vice, Curbed LA, Dreamworks, and many more trendsetting clients.
Micaela Heekin is a writer who lives and works in San Francisco, California.